Last updated: Thursday 14 October, 2021
Legal Action Group - Trustee
About the Job
Join Legal Action Group as a trustee!
We are looking for people who share our values and vision. Trustees are responsible for helping set strategic direction, managing risk and scrutinising work, policies and finances, working alongside our incredible staff team. Meet our existing trustees here
Who we are looking for:
You do not need to have previous experience of being a trustee as mentoring will be provided. We are particularly looking for people with one or more of the following skills and experience:
* Communications, including media and journalism
* Ability to influence and shape change
* Strong grasp of equality, diversity and inclusion
* Understanding of finances, especially charity accounting
* Experience of fundraising
* Good grasp of IT
* Track record of developing networks, alliances and partnerships including young and new lawyers
* Experience of publishing
We would also welcome applications from people with one or more of the following skills and experience:
* Charity governance
* Human resources
* Monitoring outcomes and facilitating reflective practice
If you are interested in the idea of being a trustee but want to know a little more, we will be more than happy to chat with you. We particularly encourage applicants from under-represented groups.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and to tell us a bit more about yourself.
Closing date for applications is 26 November 2021
We look forward to hearing from you!